Wednesday, October 05, 2016

A Matter of Time

Sorry for the long delay between posts. I had a family emergency and spent the last week enjoying fall in the Ozarks with my parents. I am headed home today.

This morning I saw the Legal Genealogist Judy Russell's post on time and thought I had to share it. Judy explains in her blog that even if you know precise dates for important events in your ancestors lives they may not be as precise as you think!

Judy explains the difference between the Julian calendar, in use from 46 B.C. and the Gregorian calendar implemented in the mid 1700s. The difficulty is that many countries changed to the new system on different dates making it difficult to determine accuracy of a
specific date.

Check out Judy's blog for a detailed explanation of the calendars and how they may affect your family tree. 

No comments: