The 35th Annual MoSGA Conference held on August 5-6 at the Stoney Creek Hotel and Conference Center in Columbia, MO, was hailed as a success by all those who attended. Conference Keynote Speaker John Philip Colletta entertained and informed participants with his presentations on immigration that focused on passenger arrival records and using unusual source repositories to trace your ancestors.
MoSGA awarded several individuals and organizations for their contributions to genealogical research and advancement in the past year. Award recipients are listed below.
|Award Recipients, 2016 Luncheon|
AWARDS OF MERIT
· Black Archives Museum Committee, St Joseph Museums, Inc.
· Mary Helen Catlett Allen, Genealogical Society of Boone County & Central Missouri
· Betty Chillington, Osage County Historical Society
· Neoma (Alexander) Foreman, Cedar & Vernon County, MO Genealogy Society
· Sharon Hackworth, Iron County Genealogy Society
· Melba All ison Rector, Ozarks Genealogy Society
· Ted & Iva Roller, Barry County Genealogical & Historical Society
· Roberta Schinke, Osage County Historical Society
CERTIFICATES OF APPRECIATION
· Kelly Draper, St. Louis County Library
· Michael O’Laughlin, Irish Roots Café
21st CENTURY AWARD RECIPIENTS
Black Archives of Mid-America, Inc - $496.80 for archival supplies to preserve the “Muhammad Speaks” Collection of over 100 newspapers dating from 1968-1985.
St. Charles County Historical Society - $990 to buy a scanner to digitize records acquired when the Society merged with the Genealogical Society of St. Charles County in 2009.