Hallo! I want to invite ALL my friends to German-American Day this Sunday. The only thing more German than an Oktoberfest is a celebration of German-American Day! The Germans of the St. Louis region will celebrate their annual German-American Day (October 6) on Sunday, October 4th, from 1 - 4 p.m. inside the beautiful St. Louis German Cultural Society Hall at 3652 Jefferson Avenue in St. Louis, MO 63118. Free fun and Free Parking! Please share and invite ALL your friends by forwarding this email! Let's celebrate our German Heritage with all of its traditions!
In 1983, President Reagan proclaimed October 6 as German-American Day to celebrate and honor the 300th anniversary of German American immigration to the U.S.. In 1987, Congress approved the National holiday designating October 6 as German-American Day, at which time the President called on Americans to observe the day with appropriate ceremonies and activities. The St. Louis’ German-American Committee will do exactly that and the festivities will begin with St. Louis’ own Honorary German Consul Lansing Hecker. Come and enjoy the wine (Raffle) and beer and pretzels or the Kaffee (free) and Kuchen!
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
1:00 Lansing Hecker – Honorary German Counsel will open the festivities!
1:10 Liederkranz (Mixed chorus) will sing
1:20 Joined by the German Cultural Society's Damenchor (Women's Chorus)
2:00 St. Charles German Heritage Club* – German Fashion Show
2:30 German Cultural Society's Jugendgruppe (Young people's group) will dance
3:00 Deutscher Mannerchor (Men's Chorus) will sing
3:30 Froehliche Schuhplattler - Dance group will dance
* St. Louis-Stuttgart Sister Cities – Photographic Display of Stuttgart
* Germanic Genealogical Special Interest Group – Genealogical Research
* Stammtisch –– Doing what they do best – talking!
* Badischer Unterstuetzungverein –- History
* Missouri Germans Consortium –Book Signings – Authors Jim Merkel and Dorris Keeven-Franke
* German Cultural Center –– Teacher and Educational Resources
* St. Louis Bosseln League – Demonstrations
* German School Association
* St. Charles – Ludwigsburg Sister City
More information on the web at mo-germans.com
Dorris Keeven-Franke or 636.221.1524