Friday, February 13, 2015

WHO IS BURIED IN THE BEAR CREEK CEMETERY?

Here's your chance to help solve a mystery!

For years I have been told that my 2nd great-grandfather and mother (Henry C. Matthews and Mary Ann Davidson) are buried in the Bear Creek Cemetery in Adair County, Missouri. Henry was born in Lexington, Fayette, Kentucky to Daniel and Rachel Matthews. Mary Ann Davidson, was born in Indiana or Missouri or Tennessee. (Three different records and three different locations.)

Recently I ventured to the Find a Grave website and SURPRISE!

Someone (not from my line) has stated that the graves I thought contained the mortal remains of my 2nd great-grandfather and mother belongs to a Henry C. Matthews, who was born in Indiana to John and Nancy Denny Matthews, and wife Mary Ann Taylor.

So I am now on a quest. Which Henry C. and Mary A. Matthews really are buried in the Bear Creek Cemetery? If these are not my ancestors, where are my 2nd great-grandparents buried?

LINK

No comments: