YOU ARE VISITOR:



MoSGA Messenger, The Official Blog of the Missouri State Genealogical Association
Serving Missouri ancestor seekers since 7 November 2007

Tom Pearson, Editor

You are visitor:

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 10, 2014

SELF-PUBLISHING SURVIVAL GUIDE

Note: I have attended several classes taught by Mr. MacEntee, and I learned a lot and enjoyed myself at each one.

Have you ever wondered about self-publishing years worth of genealogy research, but didn't know the best platform to use (Lulu.com? Create Space?) or what formatting to use for your manuscript?

I was the same way . . . but I took the plunge a few years ago and since then I've self-published more than seven books on various sites. Lately my favorite is the Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) platform. Why? Well, it is easy to find readers normally outside of the genealogy community who have an interest in researching their family history. Using Amazon KDP has really helped me, my business, and has provided an easy and cost-effective way to publish.

There are so many issues involved with publishing your own book! On the one hand, the technology available to self-publish has made it easier to get that book done. And on the other hand, it does take some tech knowledge and savvy to produce a great product. So . . .

Come join well-known genealogy educators Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee as they team up to offer a unique education event: Self-Publishing Survival Guide! On Saturday, 22 March 2014, you’ll be able to learn from two experts on how to take your written genealogical research and publish it in both print and e-book format.

Are you all ready to publish on your own, but you don’t know where to start and have these questions?

• What is the best self-publishing platform for me and my book?
• Should I use a service that handles book cover design, marketing and more . . . or can I really do this all on my own?
• Should I have a print version and an e-book version?
• What are the formatting and document preparation requirements for both print and e-book self-publishing?

You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content, handouts and freebies for the low price of $12.95! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar for up to one year! Register by Monday, 17 March 2014 and receive $3 off the registration price for a low $9.95!

Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!

LINK

1 comment:

Thomas MacEntee said...

Thank you so much for the shoutout! Lisa Alzo and I are looking forward to sharing our inside information on the self-publishing process!