YOU ARE VISITOR:



MoSGA Messenger, The Official Blog of the Missouri State Genealogical Association
Serving Missouri ancestor seekers since 7 November 2007

Tom Pearson, Editor

You are visitor:

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

IRON COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY UPDATE

Received from John Abney:

Hi Tom,

I recently joined the 21st century and created a Facebook page for our local historical society (of which I am president). It’s the Iron County Historical Society, and here’s a link to that page.

I’ve been trying to add new content each week and, among other things, visitors to the page can take a virtual tour of our museum (via a link to our YouTube page and a video there) and can even view the last presentation that I did for our society on the great Spanish Influenza Pandemic of 1918–1920. Currently, I’m working on the creation of an on-line exhibition that will feature historic picture postcards of Iron County scenes and sites. I hope to have that done by the end of August.

I’ll let you all know once it’s been posted.

Thanks,
John Abney

No comments: