The Genealogy Center at Allen County Public Library is presenting its extremely popular two-day mini-course in German Genealogy on June 7 & 8, 2012, from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. each day. This workshop is an excellent introduction for researchers with little or no experience in German records, and covers basic sources and techniques that lead to success. Instructors John Beatty and Steve Myers will cover the following topics:
1. An Introduction to German Genealogical Research
2. Using German Church Records
3. Advancing Your Research with the “PERiodical Source Index" (PERSI)
4. German Maps, Gazetteers & Other Important Printed Sources
5. Swiss Genealogical Records
6. Palatines Along the Hudson: Researching 18th Century Settlers on Livingston Manor.
There will be a tour of The Genealogy Center and assisted research time on both days.
Space is limited, so register now to avoid disappointment!
Registration is $50 (Please make check payable to: "ACPL Foundation").
Cancellation after May 24, 2012 will incur a $20 administrative fee.
For more information and the registration packet, go here.