YOU ARE VISITOR:



MoSGA Messenger, The Official Blog of the Missouri State Genealogical Association
Serving Missouri ancestor seekers since 7 November 2007

Tom Pearson, Editor

You are visitor:

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

ME AND MY KINDLE, PT. 2

Still in love with my Kindle--and I've figured out how to acquire pay ebooks from Amazon.com. Actually, they make it easy with a Download to Your Computer option--I just tell Amazon.com it's for my Kindle (and not my Kindle for PC account),download to my desktop, and then transfer via USB cable to the Kindle. I'm currently reading The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan on the Kindle-- book 1 of a great series if you like young adult fantasy and/or mythology.

Why mention the Kindle on a genealogy blog? Once again, because so many books published prior to 1923 are in the public domain, and can be downloaded for free. I've got dozens of such books on my Kindle, including a lot of military history titles. Try Project Gutenberg for thousands of free ebooks!

I've also been downloading MP3s from Amazon.com. If you're my age or older (late 50s), you can probably remember buying an LP because you really liked one song on it (and didn't care about--or actively hated--all the other songs on it). It's so much nicer to be able to buy just the song you like!

NOTE: As I mentioned previously, I bought the Kindle with Special Offers because it's $25 cheaper than the Kindle sans Special Offers--and I don't regret the decision one bit. If you decide to get one, also get a carrying case--you won't regret that, either.

Disclaimer: Amazon.com has not compensated me for this plug in any way.

No comments: