What will Primarily Teaching offer teachers?
This workshop provides a varied program of lectures, demonstrations, analysis of documents, independent research, and group work that introduces teachers to the holdings and organization of the National Archives. Participants will learn how to do research in historical records, create classroom material from records, and present documents in ways that sharpen students' skills and enthusiasm for history, social studies, and the humanities. Each participant selects and prepares to research a specific topic, searches the topic in the records of the National Archives, and develops a teaching unit that can be presented in his or her own classroom.
Where and When?
Presented by staff of the National Archives and Records Administration:
· The National Archives in Washington, DC, June 22 - July 1, 2010
· The National Archives Regional Facility, Chicago, IL, July 12 - 16, 2010
· The National Archives Regional Facility, Kansas City, MO, June 21 - 25, 2010
· The Eisenhower Presidential Library and Museum in Abilene, KS, July 15 - 23, 2010
· The Lyndon B. Johnson Library, Austin, TX, July 26 – 30, 2010
Application for workshop: