New/Updated Freepages by Individuals
USS Henry R. Mallory includes the stories of the survivors of this ship's last and fateful crossing of the Atlantic Ocean during World War II. These stories give the reader a feeling of how it really was when the balance of power was still waning from one side to the other. This happened during one of the biggest convoy battles of the war. The loss of lives was one of the largest of any ship sinking. Here is one of the untold and largely unknown but heroic stories of the battle of the Atlantic.
If you have a new or substantially revised freepage at RootsWeb and would like to see it mentioned here, send the URL, the title, and a BRIEF description, including major surnames, to Editor-RWR@rootsweb.com.
Request a Freepage (Free Web Account): http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~websites/
New/Updated Freepages by Counties, States, and Historical Societies
AHGP = American History and Genealogy Project
ALHN = American Local History Network
CAR = Children of the American Revolution
DAR = Daughters of the American Revolution
* cahcmcar - Hiram C. Meek Society (CA), CAR
* cargdgs - Roots and Gold Dust (El Dorado, CA) Genealogical Society
* cophoto - Colorado Genealogical Photos
* kyboyd2 - Boyd County (KY) AHGP Projects
* kyestil2 - Estill County, Kentucky AHGP
* kyhopkgs - Hopkins County (KY) Genealogical Society
* kylewis4 - Lewis County (KY) AHGP
* micd17c - Michigan State Society Colonial Dames 17th Century
* micrgs - Cass River (MI) Genealogy Society
* mnrrvn - Red River Valley of the North Histories (Kittson Co, MN)
* momgcsar - M. Graham Clark Chapter (MO) Sons of the American Revolution
* momcdon2 - McDonald County (MO) Genealogy
* njcdvdar - Captain Daniel Vliet Chapter (NJ) DAR
* tnrhea - Rhea County (TN) ALHN
* wamlcdar - Mary Lacy Chapter (WA) DAR
* widoor2 - Door, Kewaunee and Manitowoc County (WI) Irish Immigrants - ALHN
* bracurit - Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
* mexgudar - Guadalajara Chapter (Mexico) DAR
Some of these Web pages might not be accessible yet. They are created by volunteers, so if one that interests you isn't up yet, please check again in a few days or next week.
Note that the ~[tilde] before the Web account name is required. For example, the American History and Genealogy Project Lewis County (Kentucky) website is at:
New Surname Mailing Lists
New Ethnic or Special Interest Mailing Lists
* CA-VCGS - A mailing list for the discussion and sharing of information regarding the activities of the Ventura County (California) Genealogical Society (VCGS) and genealogical resources available in the Ventura County area.
* UNIFORMS & BADGES - A mailing list for the discussion and sharing of information regarding military uniforms and badges, providing insight on descendants of those bearing military uniforms and badges. We welcome discussions on the topic from all military groups for any time.
To find or subscribe to a mailing list, or to search archived posts to more than 30,000 RootsWeb-hosted genealogy mailing lists, go here: http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/.