August 7-8, 2009
Capitol Plaza Hotel
Jefferson City, Missouri
Featured Speaker: Julie Miller, CGSM
Julie Miller is a Certified Genealogist with more than 30 years of genealogy experience. She is a newspaper columnist for the Broomfield Enterprise and is on the Board of Directors for the Nation al Genealogical Society, Association of Professional Genealogists, and International Society of Family History Writers and Editors. Ms. Miller is the President of the Colorado Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists and Past President of the Colorado Genealogical Society.
Supporting speakers include Gene Block, Evie Bresette, Marian G. Davis, Angela McComas, Tom Pearson, and Michael L. Strauss.
Preconference workshops ($20) include:
1. Show-Me Soldiers: Researching Missouri Civil War Militia and Volunteer Soldiers
2. Life in Captions: Writing Family Stories
Scheduled classes include:
3. Google’s Not the Only Game in Town
4. Whatever Happened to Uncle Joe: How to Find a Living Person
5. Historical Maps
6. Records of the Great War
7. How to Find What Was Unique About Your Ancestors’ Lives
8. When Grandpa Went Off to War: U.S. Military Records
9. Photographing Andrew County Tombstones: Creating a Digitization Project
10. Forms and Analysis: Intermediate Research Techniques
11. Becoming American: Naturalization Records
12. Roosevelt’s Tree Army: Genealogical Research in the CCC
13. Getting to Know Father Abraham: Sources of Information About Our 16th President
Vendor area will be open: Friday, 9:00 AM-6 PM
Saturday, 7:30 AM-3 PM
Vendor tables are $18 (full table); non-profit table rates are $12 (full table) or $6 (half-table). Need more vendor info? Email Janice Schultz at email@example.com.
Full registration is $80 ($90 for non-members). Pre-conferences are extra ($20 for members or non-members). You can also register for partial conference attendance.
You can reserve a room at the conference hotel (Capitol Plaza Hotel, 415 W. McCarty Street, Jefferson City, MO) by calling 573-635-1234. Mention you will be attending the MoSGA Conference to get the special conference room rate ($86.68 per night—- the room rate plus taxes).
Need more information, or a conference brochure? Call Janice Schultz 816-252-7228, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.