This is a friendly reminder that annual dues for the Missouri State Genealogical Association (MoSGA) expired December 31, 2008 (if you have already mailed in dues for 2009, please disregard this notice-- and thanks for supporting MoSGA!).
Annual dues for individuals or institutions are $20; contributing members are $40 annually; patrons are $100 annually; and life memberships are available for $400 (one time payment). Dues should be mailed to PO Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833.
We appreciate your timely renewal! Postcard reminders and mailing of back-issues costs money - money we'd rather use to help the genealogical community.
Your continuing membership entitles you to:
• Current issues of the "Show Me" State Newsletter. We welcome news of happenings in your local society; books you are publishing, meetings, family reunions, etc. for inclusion in the Newsletter. Please send the information to the attention of our Newsletter Editor at PO Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833 or email the editor, Tom Pearson, at email@example.com.
• MoSGA Journal. This publication contains 64 pages per issue and is published 4 times per year with the first issue coming out in late March, thence every 3 months thereafter. Members are encouraged to send in the following for potential publication: Bible records, Cemetery listings, county records, etc. Please send materials to Journal Editor at PO Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833 or email the editor, Bob Doerr at BOB.DOERR@gmail.com.
• Free "Queries" in the MoSGA Journal, up to fifty words each, as many as space will permit.
• Four Generation Chart. Please consider submitting a Four Generation chart that will be indexed on our Web site, www.mosga.org. For privacy reasons, the "birth date" of LIVING individuals that were born after 1910 will not appear in the online index. Please sign your name to grant permission to publish the information and send it to PO Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833.
• Annual Conference is held in August, normally at a central location in the state. Keynote speakers are nationally recognized, and our numerous supporting speakers help to provide broad subject areas. An exhibit hall allows you to shop for books and other materials. Networking with other family researchers is an added benefit.
• Speakers. Board members are available to share their expertise by presenting sessions at workshops and local society programs.
• WEB SITE. We have our own web site where you can find more information about our Association, a Publications List, upcoming Annual Conference and other news. Our web site address is www.mosga.org
Thank you for your continued membership in MoSGA.
3rd Vice President - Membership