YOU ARE VISITOR:

You are visitor:

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

I’LL BE IN SCOTLAND AFORE YE…

Well, I would certainly leave for Scotland tomorrow if I could...

My wife and I spent a week in Scotland in 2000, and it was simply wonderful. Friendly people, beautiful scenery, good food, and so easy to get around-- you don’t know how lousy our public transport system is in the U.S. unless you’ve been to Europe. We were able to get nearly anywhere we wanted to go quickly and inexpensively by bus or train.

Anyhoo, if you’re researching Scottish ancestors, this blog post on online sources for Scottish maps should prove extremely helpful:

LINK

Note: We want to get back to the U.K. at least once before we shuffle off this mortal coil. My wife wants to see London and some ancestral sites in Wales, and I want to see London, Cornwall, and a town called Dudley-- the ancestral home of my Pearsons.

No comments: