YOU ARE VISITOR:

You are visitor:

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

CAMP BUTLER NATIONAL CEMETERY

Yesterday my wife and I went to Springfield, Illinois. The purpose of our visit was two-fold- to visit the Illinois State Archives, and to take some pictures at Camp Butler National Cemetery. My wife was interested in death certificates at the Archives, and I wanted to look at the Administrative Files of the 89th Illinois Infantry Regiment, a regiment I've been researching since 1991. I also wanted to go to Camp Butler National Cemetery, to take photos of the gravestones of 89th Illinois Infantry Regiment members buried there. As I took those photos, it occurred to me that there were any number of other gravestones of interest in that cemetery, so I wound up taking about 60 photos all together. I'm planning to post those photos on this blog as time permits, hopefully with short biographical sketches of the soldiers in question. I'm posting a photo today just to get started:



Michael Wogomon, Pvt., Co. B, 89th Illinois Infantry Regiment
Died February 5, 1864

No comments: