YOU ARE VISITOR:



MoSGA Messenger, The Official Blog of the Missouri State Genealogical Association
Serving Missouri ancestor seekers since 7 November 2007

Tom Pearson, Editor

You are visitor:

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, May 19, 2008

NGS CONFERENCE IN THE STATES

I just got back from the big NGS Conference in the States held at Kansas City, Missouri, from May 14-18, 2008. How was it? It was great! There's usually not enough military track classes at conferences to satisfy me, but this conference really delivered! I'll be offering reports on classes I sat in on in the coming days.

I was able to get a few photos of speakers. Buford J. Suffridge, Jr. gave a class on Civil War uniforms while dressed in an exact replica of his Civil War ancestor's uniform:


Buford J. Suffridge, Jr. in uniform

Tim Rives and Steve Spence of NARA- Central Plains Region gave a great class on Leavenworth Penitentiary Inmate Records, including a fascinating "What Was He in For?" section. One lonely man featured did five years for engaging in animal husbandry, if you get my drift.


Tim Rives and Steve Spence, NARA Central Plains Region

These are three photos of downtown Kansas City I took from my hotel window. How high up was I? The 23rd floor, that's how high up I was!







The Hyatt Regency Crown Center Hotel was just great! Great facilities, great meals, great room, and the view from my room window was-- well, you can see for yourself above! More on the conference tomorrow!

No comments: