On November 3rd, 2007, the MoSGA Board of Directors authorized the creation of an official weblog for the association. Our reasons for doing so include but are not limited to the following:
1. Ability to quickly post timely items that should immediately be brought to the attention of Board members/general members/the public.
2. Ability to post items of interest that can't be squeezed into the newsletter due to lack of space.
3. Promote MoSGA events/publications in one more (free) forum.
4. Serve as one more way the public can discover MoSGA and possibly become members of our association.
5. Get feedback quickly from members/general public about issues of interest to genealogists generally and MoSGA members in particular.
We welcome your comments about posts on this weblog, and also welcome your news about Missouri genealogical societies, genealogical talks and programs, family history books, family reunions, and other news items about genealogical topics that may be of interest to Missouri genealogists (just click Contact Us in the left-hand column of this blog). You can help make this blog a success, and we thank you for reading and subscribing to our blog!