If you’re getting ready to upgrade your word processing, spreadsheet, database, paint, or presentation software at home or at work, you may want to take a look at OpenOffice.org, because it gives all the above to you at no cost:
“OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute.”
Need more convincing?
“What's so great about OpenOffice.org?
• no commercial licences or software compliance issues to worry about
• no language barriers - if it's not yet available in your language, the chances are it will be soon
• available on all major computing platforms
• the roots of OpenOffice.org go back twenty years, creating a huge wealth of experience
• hundreds of thousands of users have participated in the beta testing of version 2
with a fully open development process, OpenOffice.org has nothing to hide - the
product stands or falls on its reputation
• the software looks and feels familiar and is instantly usable by anyone who has used a competitive product
• it is easy to change to OpenOffice.org - the software reads all major competitors' files
• OpenOffice.org is supported by a global community of friendly volunteers, only too happy to provide assistance to newcomers and advanced users alike”
More good news: available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX users. For further specs, plus download instructions: